Messiah Evangelical Lutheran Church began as a Mission of the Atlantic District of the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod (LCMS). The first service was held on December 22nd, 1957 with 58 people in attendance. Services were held at the VFW Hall in East Setauket for the first eight years. In 1962, the church purchased property on Pond Path in East Setauket, NY and construction of the church building began in 1965. The first service in the building was on Palm Sunday 1966. The church was dedicated on June 19, 1966. The Rev. Henry Koepchen served as founding pastor and remained as Pastor until his retirement in September 1996. Pastor Alfred Hofler has served as Pastoral Assistant since 1977. The current Pastor is Rev. Charles Bell, who was installed on March 16, 1997.
December of 2017 we celebrated our 60th Anniversary!!!